The holiday season, especially towards the end of the year, is when the ordinary working adult turns to philanthropy and takes time and money out to impact someone else’s life. 50% of all nonprofits report that the majority of their funding pours in between October and December, according to findings by Bloomerang. How do you make sure your cause can make the most of this seasonal giving that the world indulges in?
Here are 7 ways to acquire the most donations in India for your year-end crowdfunding campaign.
- Talk to a crowdfunding expert on ways to improve your fundraiser page. There’s a reason why a crowdfunding platform such as Impact Guru is such an effective tool for the nonprofit or individual that is looking to raise funds. You have a team of experts at your behest, happy to help you. Ask them for help with your story and promoting to a certain audience.
- Plan your emails in advance. It helps to look at your emailer plan backwards, starting from the email you’ll send on 31st December to your first email (ideally the day you begin fundraising). Send at least one or two emails per week, starting with an introduction and relating it to the holiday season, followed by progress updates and ending with a few urgent reminders to support your cause.
- Build a unique social media plan. Remember, you’re not the only one fundraising. The competition is heavy and one of the ways to help stand out is attractive social media promotion. Spend time on imagery and voice; powerful photos, videos and catchy hashtags are crucial.
- Write a striking story. Again, there’s probably thousands of crowdfunders in your cause alone combing the internet for donors. Find elements in your crowdfunding project that make it special and different from others. Don’t hesitate to pour emotion into your story and talk about why it matters to you. Potential donors will relate better that way.
- Try a few tricks like the Ice Bucket Challenge. Come up with a fun challenge or activity that is simple and visual enough to be videotaped in a few seconds or so. Attach a catchy hashtag and you could just be responsible for the next viral social media challenge!
- Interact with your audience. Answer questions, encourage comments and discussions, engage them with polls and be sure to involve every social media user that happens upon your fundraiser with every progress and update on your project! This is to familiarize the audience and encourage them to make your campaign their own. This will help your story get shares more rapidly and widely without you directly asking.
Don’t be afraid to explore new strategies and tricks to engage your audience and expand your support. Good luck for your campaign and have a great new year!