A night club is an entertainment venue. Unlike your every other day bars, pubs and taverns night clubs have a tendency to exude exclusivity, nightclubs also have stages for live performances or several dance floors. They operate with deejays. They are located in upper market areas. They also have a tendency to screen prospective customers by getting bouncers who stop unwanted clientele and usher whoever the night club is looking to attract. Best nightclubs in Perth also tend to have themed nights or can generally work around a certain theme.
The night club as a business is a very competitive market; those who are already in the business implement very restrictive methods to prevent new comers. And even though one breaks into the market, since night clubs are for entertainment and cater to fleeting trends, one has to figure out a way to stay relevant in the market and exist for a longer period of time. – Most night clubs do not have a long shelf life-. The legislative barriers are also insane, since it’s a very lucrative business, it is also very expensive to venture.
But if you want to venture and succeed in this lucrative night club business, this is what you may have to do:
- Sell exclusivity- since the whole experience is a luxury and it is an experience that you would like to be known for, you have to exude exclusivity. A night club cannot be open every single day of the week. That would mar the experience part of it. If people also have too much of the experience way too often, then they get bored and move on to the next new thing, however great the original experience was.
- Refuse entry to the wrong clientele- now if you are starting a night club you are looking for people who are willing to spend whatever is necessary to get them the right kind of atmosphere. That will mean keeping away the people who aren’t your targeted audience. This can be done by setting up a dress code or having a time when you open the doors and close the doors to attract only the desired crowd.
- Have well trained staff members- any hospitality business knows the importance of customer service. But as you are offering something more than the basic treatment, you will need to train your staff to cater to your client and giving them good enough treatment to be return clients. It would also be smart to hire people with previous experience and train for a period of time before opening because a simple bad review can tarnish the reputation of the whole franchise.
- Stay true to your concept- since you know who your targeted audience are, you come up with a theme that would go with the demographic. The concept you chose will be reflected in everything from the color scheme to the interior design to the music. Do not compromise on any of those because they will be the brand to your night club business.
- Keep your VIPs happy – Not only are clubs exclusive, but for those willing to pay more than the rest there is an expected special treatment. Some will be looking for obscurity and privacy, and to those do not compromise on it.
This tips will definitely give one a stepping stone if they are interested in the night club business.